This new range is available in three versions. The racetube (Tubular) belongs to Michelin’s Racing Line offer, while the Tubetype and Tubeless Ready (TLR) tires are part of the Competition Line offer.
- Developed for competition and optimized for demanding cyclists.
- New tread rubber compound for increased speed, improved rolling efficiency and cornering grip.
- Available as a racetube (Tubular), Tubetype and Tubeless Ready (TLR) tire.
- A completely new packaging that is 100% recyclable.
The MICHELIN POWER CUP Tubular uses technologies such as Gum-X technology that optimizes rolling efficiency, cornering grip and racetube life. In turn, the High Density Shield technology provides more puncture resistance and the 2×160 TPI carcass for more comfort when riding at high tire pressures.
The combination with a latex inner tube reduces weight while contributing to greater puncture resistance, higher efficiency and more comfort.
The MICHELIN POWER CUP Tubetype also uses Gum-X technology to optimize efficiency, cornering grip and tire life. Furthermore, the Aramid Shield technology provides additional puncture protection and the 3×120 TPI carcass guarantees sidewall strength. Moreover, the Gum-X technology allows a sleek design with a slick tread pattern.
The MICHELIN POWER CUP TLR also uses Gum-X technology. By adding a sealant, Tubeless Shield technology provides extra protection against pinch punctures and optimal comfort. The lightweight TLR-compatible carcass of 4×120 TPI is robust and reliable for a variety of road conditions.
The new MICHELIN POWER CUP range is available at retail in the following sizes and colors:
- The MICHELIN POWER CUP Tubular replaces the MICHELIN POWER COMPETITION Tubular and will be available from March 2022 in sizes 28″-23mm (black), 28″-25mm (black and classic) and 28″-28mm (black and classic).
- The MICHELIN POWER CUP Tubetype replaces the MICHELIN POWER ROAD Tubetype and will be available from March 2022 in sizes 700x23C (black), 700x25C (black and classic) and 700x28C (black and classic).
- The MICHELIN POWER CUP TLR replaces the MICHELIN POWER ROAD TLR and will be available from May 2022 in sizes 700x25C (black and classic), 700x28C (black and classic) and 700x30C (black).
In line with the Michelin Group’s “Everything sustainable” strategy, all packaging of Michelin’s bicycle tires and tubes sold in retail stores are now fully recyclable.